1. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and place flesh down on a baking tray.
2. Roast in a 400*F oven for 45 minutes or until very soft and caramelized. Remove from oven, peel and set aside.
3. Bring stock to a simmer in a pot on stove top.
4. In another large pot heat 4 tbsp. olive oil and saute onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes on medium heat (do not burn garlic!)
5. Now add the rice and stir constantly for approximately 2 minutes making sure to coat rice evenly with oil.
6. Rice should be warm throughout but not burning.
7. Add squash to pot and stir until well blended with rice.
8. Add wine and stir until absorbed by rice.(approx 2-3 minutes)
9. Begin adding 1 ladle at a time of stock and stirring occasionally until rice absorbs it, and repeat this process until stock is used.
10. A good simmer is all you need, boiling will cause stock to evaporate too quickly.
11. This process should take 25-30 minutes.
12. At this point the risotto should be \"al dente\" (subtley firm) to the bite but very creamy.
13. Plate risotto and add Parmigiano shavings, serve immediately.