• 1 large onion (sliced)
• 4 garlic cloves
• 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
• 2 lb beef chuck roast
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 2 cups beef broth
• ¼ cup red wine
• 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
• 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
• 12 ounces pappardelle pasta or polenta
• ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Add the onion and garlic cloves to the bottom of a slow cooker set to high. Sprinkle the fresh rosemary over the top.
2. Season the beef with the salt and pepper, then add to the slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the beef broth, red wine and tomato paste. Pour the mixture over the beef.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes to the crock pot.
5. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. It's done when you can reach a fork into the crock pot and the beef pulls right apart.
Serve it on top of creamy polenta or tossed with papparadelle pasta. Use a ladle to pour the sauce from the crock pot over the beef and polenta or pasta. Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.